7 Mindful Planning Tips For A Meaningful Christmas At Home
Beyond the dazzling Christmas décors, Christmas feasts, and Michael Bublé on repeat, Christmas also rings in quality time with family and friends.
December has just begun and we know you’re already busy setting aside budget for your Christmas shopping spree! Before you hit the shopping cart, take a read at these 7 mindful tips we know will help you create a meaningful Christmas celebration ahead (and without burning a hole to your wallet too!).
1. D.I.Y Your Own Christmas Décors
Setting up your space for the Christmas mood does not necessary mean purchasing a new set of Christmas baubles! You do not need to be a D.I.Y pro to make yourself some gorgeous Christmas decorations. Just grab whatever you have at home: from papers, CDs, cardboards – and voila! You’re all set to make your own Christmas decorations.
Here are some of our top picks of creative D.I.Y Christmas Decoration ideas that will sure brighten up any space:
1. Modern Christmas Wreath by Sugar and Charm
2. Origami Christmas Trees
3. Popsicle Stick Snowflakes by A Girl and a Glue Gun
4. This huge 3D Snowflake made from paper by First Palette
5. Plastic Spoon Christmas Tree by One Project Closer
Grab your family and friends for a fun D.I.Y Christmas decorating session!
2. Recycled Gift Packaging
There are countless of creative ideas out there when it comes to gift packaging! Got a lot of recycled papers lying at your home and you have no clue what to do with them? Christmas is the best time to give these recycled papers a new purpose – as gift wrappers!
Up your packaging a notch by adding on small fallen Christmas tree branches tied with a jute string and it’ll be the perfect vintage-themed gift. Be creative in what you recycle: you can make use of fabric cloth as well to your gift wrapping. When it comes to recycled gift packaging, no trash goes to waste!
3. Set Up Some Family Fun Activities!
It can get overwhelming with the endless Christmas preparation throughout December. It is important to not forget the real meaning of Christmas – and that is to spend uninterrupted, quality time with your loved ones.
Get the whole family involved with your Christmas to-dos with family-fun activities like a baking session or even wrap gifts together!
This Christmas, we care for your family time. Be prepared for lots of laughter (and perhaps, some mess…) with these family-fun activities you can do at home:
1. A Cookie Decorating Session
With our very own Christmas Cookie Decorating Kit! Skip the hassle of baking and jump right in into some creative cookie decorating juices!
2. Messy Play Don’t Care
Spark some curiosity in your child as they dive into a world of imagination with our range of limited-edition snow-themed Messy Play kit.
These kits also makes a great gift for a family. Gift a family you know with meaningful, nonexchangeable quality time.
4. Support a Charity
This season of giving also marks a good time to give back to the community.
There are plenty of organisations and start-ups out there who are supporting a local cause by raising funds through their products and services. You can give a meaningful Christmas to another person by supporting our local businesses! Check out these organisations and their Christmas initiatives:
1. Support Rumah Hope with their 2021 calendar specially designed by the home’s children
2. This Christmas Charity E-bazaar by Hospis Malaysia featuring artisan gifts and treats with proceeds channeled to their mission in helping patients with critical health conditions at no charge.
3. Dive into a delicious Christmas Feast with PichaEats’ newest Christmas Family Meal Menu and support their cause in helping the refugees in Malaysia.
5. D.I.Y Your Own Christmas Gifts!
A handmade gift made on your own not only makes gift-giving more genuine, it could also realise a new hobby you never knew you had it in you!
From a relaxing aromatherapy soap-making session, to a creative baking session, diving deep into a creative craft session also helps you take time off from the busy bustle. The best part is, you can even do it with your loved ones!
Check out these starter kits & workshops that are perfect as you kick-start your D.I.Y session:
1. Check out Craftiviti for all the soap-making supplies you need
2. This gorgeous Candle Making Starter Kit by Little MooMooCraft complete with a step-by-step tutorial guide for your beginner’s candle-making journey
3. This online soap-making course by CRAFT La Workshop made available for you to curate your own soap at the comfort of your homes.
6. Support Local Businesses
Perhaps you’re not a crafty person or you simply do not have the time, you can still give back to the community by supporting our local artisans out there with their own beautiful Christmas gifts!
Here are some of our top favourite picks of Christmas gifts this year:
1. WISHFUL Curated Gifting – For a one-stop gifting solution from customization to delivery, not to mention, their jaw-dropping Christmas collection that will sure lighten up someone’s day.
2. KEJU by Carmen – For a scrumptious and beautiful edible Christmas gift.
3. Gemma Gifts – Go old-school with this 3-in-1 Pop-Up Christmas Card because who doesn’t love handwritten messages?!
4. Kneading Peace – Give a meaningful Christmas to someone else with these handicrafts made by refugees.
5. Manja Skin – Pamper someone with Manja Skin’s Christmas Collection of handmade soaps and gorgeous bath bombs!
7. Set up your own Christmas Party!
Another step to a meaningful Christmas is to be mindful of the safety and health of your loved ones.
Instead of renting out a space outside for a Christmas get-together, bring the party to your own homes. Our Party-To-Go event package aims to bring you a seamless party planning that you can do on your own and still have a classy and gorgeous party at home.
Exclusively this Christmas, enjoy an intimate & cozy Christmas party at home with our Eventistry Xmas Menu, starting from RM25 per pax! In the spirit of giving back, to our planet and mother nature, we’re also offering a “rent & reuse” mindful service to complete your joyous celebration. Just add on RM 150 nett and you can enjoy your scrumptious meal complete with an elegant and classy place setting – reusable utensils, cloth napkins and placemats. By purchasing our Christmas package, you’re on your way to #SustainableEvents by reducing wastage through one-time use of utensils.
We hope these tips will be useful to you as you plan the festive season ahead. Have a meaningful Christmas ahead!
Share with us how you will be spending your Christmas in the comments below!
Share This Post