A Modern Luxe & Eco-Conscious Styled Shoot
Venue: EQ Kuala Lumpur
Concept, Styling and Coordination: Eventistry
Decorator & Props Rental: CHIIO
Florals: Nook Flowers
Wedding Cake: The Quirky Taste
Pastries: EQ Kuala Lumpur
Coffee Bar: Kaveh Mobile Espresso Bar
Bridal Gown, Men Suit: Armadale Gowns
Photography: Armadale Weddings
Calligraphy and Stationery: The Pinning Weddings + Design
Artisan Soaps: Made By Jade
Hair and Make Up: Jingy Jazce Makeup Artist
Bride and Groom: Zolynn and CK
In line with our vision to promote #sustainableevents, this styled shoot was inspired by the simple idea of blending an eco- friendly concept with a luxurious modern setting.
A marriage between “sophisticated elegance” and “environmentally-friendly”, who ever said it can’t be done?
Check out some of our favourite elements in this styled shoot:
- Venue- We were delighted to showcase EQ Kuala Lumpur as a prospective wedding venue in this shoot. Located right in the heart of KL, EQ houses multiple venues that could easily accommodate an entire day’s program. A marriage ceremony at The Conservatory followed by a lunch reception at The Garden. Being able to host both events under one roof makes the celebration a more sustainable one as guests need not drive between two separate venues within the day. This also makes it much more convenient not only for guests, but for the couple as well.
- Decoration- ‘Less is more’. We aimed to achieve a simple yet elegant look with minimal foliage and prop use. Instead of purchasing, props can be rented to help minimize leftover waste post- wedding. In this shoot, the ceremony aisle was beautifully decorated with artificial flowers and battery- operated LED block candles. Honestly, could you even tell they weren’t the real thing?
- Floral- The delicate floral arrangements depicted utilized local/ in season flowers instead of imported ones. Flower display on guest tables were hand- tied bouquets arranged without the use of foam blocks. This way guests could easily take a bouquet home and give the flowers a second chance at display.
- Stationery- From guest invitations and vows to menu and thank you cards, all were created using recyclable materials and green printing. The handwritten calligraphy on guest place cards are also a great way to incorporate a personalized touch to the wedding.
- Favors- Want a door gift that guests would not just chuck aside? Why not opt for an all- natural handmade soap bar. It makes a practical wedding favor and is gentle to the skin and the environment too.
- Cake- Keeping up with the theme, a classic 3- tier marble fondant cake made with seasonal and organic ingredients. Without having to compromise on taste, a vegan cake can also be delicious while contributing to the sustainability of our food system.
- Coffee Bar- Cakes and coffee, a pairing so lovely! A coffee bar adds a casual laidback vibe that well- compliments the outdoor garden reception. And the easiest way to go green while sipping coffee- drinking in ceramic cups instead of paper/ plastics.
Better together. Special thanks to all who collaborated with us in highlighting this sustainable and eco- conscious wedding styled shoot!