You are SPOOK-tacular!
Trick-or-Treat Kit is the ultimate non-candy Halloween treat that will make the kids scream for joy! Brew your very own potion and cast magical spells with ‘Bubble Cauldron’. Bring a gooey slimy monster to life with ‘Frankenslime’. Nothing like a box of spooky surprises and gooey fun for a fa-BOO-lous Halloween. Suitable for ages 3 and above, this kit is bound to be a fang-tastic gift for the little ones this bewitching holiday!
In The Box:
- Compostable box with themed sleeve
- Play guide
- Slime jar x1 (100g)
- DIY Slime Kit accessories (1) Spiders (2) Eyeball
- Slime activator
- Pumpkin Cauldron
- Red coloured vinegar solution bottle x1
- A treat for all the little witches and wizards, we bring you this science experiment with a spooky twist!
- First, place the pumpkin cauldron onto a tray.
- Slowly pour the red coloured solution into the cauldron.
- Watch as the cauldron fizzles and bubbles.
- Cast your very own unique spell while you brew your potion!
The Science Behind The Fun:
- The coloured solution is a mixture of dish soap and vinegar, an acid, and inside the pumpkin contains baking soda, a base.
- When the acid (vinegar) and the base (baking soda) are mixed together, a chemical reaction happens!
- This reaction results in a new substance being made, a gas called carbon dioxide, which gives off the fizzy bubbles that you see.
- A simple scientific experiment for young children that involves all 3 states of matter : solid (baking soda), liquid (vinegar), and gas (carbon dioxide).
- Children get to learn first-hand about cause-and-effect, scientific observation and chemical reaction!
- It’s time to get sticky and gooey with Frankenslime!
- OPTIONAL : If your slime is too sticky upon receiving your kit, add the activator in SMALL AMOUNTS. Add 3-4 drops and knead out any lumps in the slime until you are satisfied with the texture. This step is completely optional.
- Firstly, wash your hands before playing to reduce the dirt caught in your slime. Mould can develop on the slime if it is not played with clean hands on clean surfaces!
- Do a poke test and smell test to ensure the slime is in good condition before playing.
- Play with your slime quickly so it doesn’t stick to your hands. It could run between your fingers. A good idea is to play with a little bit first, before putting all of it in your hands.
- Add in spiders and eyeballs to make your ultimate frankenslime!
What children can benefit from slime play:
- Enhances curiosity and exploration of new materials and textures.
- Encourages independent play.
- Builds fine motor skills through hands-on sensory play.
- Helps children focus and concentrate on a task.
- Promotes mindfulness through this calming and stress relieving activity.
- Remember to always wash your hands and clean play surfaces after playing with slime
- Recommended for ages 3 and above only, with parental supervision required at all times.
- Oral consumption of slime is strictly NOT recommended.
- Use activator only in SMALL amounts.
Refer to our slime care guide for more detailed instructions on how to store, how to get the perfect feel and more!